Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pastor BANS Females in Church From 

Wearing Weaves. Says It Reduces Self 

Esteem 





A pastor in Waco has reportedly made the controversial decision to ban hair weaves in his church.
Pastor A.J. Aamir says wearing weaves creates a false image, and that women who wear them often have low self-esteem.
"Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I'm saying," Aamir told America Preachers online.

He acknowledged that he can't legally ban women from wearing weaves, but he still "highly disapproves it."
The preacher said he'd rather have his congregation focused on what's in their heads rather than on them.
"I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment