Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Katrina Kaif Adorns Hello! India's Most Glamorous Issue | Talks Spain Vacation Leaked Pictures, Sister's Wedding and More with Rajeev Masand.


One of the hottest girls of tinsel town, Katrina Kaif stuns in a silk crepe open back dress by Dior, on the cover of Hello! India's Most Glamorous Issue for the month of September 2013. The British Indian actress and former model talks her thoughts about the leaked pictures of the Spain vacation that she took with Ranbir Kapoor, her sister's wedding, her fashion sense, her personal goals, wedding plans with Rajeev Masand. Here are some excerpts.

On the inevitable question of the leaked Ibiza vacation pictures: "Everyone has an opinion on this topic, on the right to privacy as an actor. I've thought about it a lot too when the pictures were leaked. Everyone's opinion is valid. If you're an actor, your life is open to the public and if you have problem with that, then this is the wrong profession. I understand that theory"

"My point of view is that if I'm in an unguarded, private moment, is this really required? As an actor, I am prepared for an interview, for press conference, to meet the media on the red carpet or at a movie set. I just wish, well, in an ideal world, that I was left alone in my downtime. That was my private space. Having said that, this was my request. You may not agree as paparazzi, but I put on my opinion."


Did she overreact, specially when Ranbir Kapoor did not comment on the issue: "As always, I will revert to my fallback statement - I can only speak for myself."

It is a big deal for two actors to admit they're dating?  "If you pull articles from the beginning of my career, I have never discussed my private life. I always told the media. Listen guys, let's talk about work. I don't believe that you should not discuss your personal life. I just say do that comes easiest to you".

"I am not ashamed of anything I do. It is a question of whether you want to talks about your personal life. There are times when a film is delayed and you're stuck for months without a release. I stay out of the public eye then. I like to keep my space private."

Well, so there you go. Clarifications from none other than Katrina herself, regarding the most controversial pictures of B-town in recent times. However, as Katrina was all set to catch that flight to London, it seems from the interview that she was in a great mood.

On her sister's wedding planning: "We're six sisters and I had to make three of the dresses in India. Perhaps its because I have access to designers. I'm extremely efficient and organized. I'm not doing the menus and who's seated next to whom because I'm not in London. But i've worked on the venue and how its going to be, I took those decisions. I've co-ordinated two hairdressers for six of us. Imagine us all in one room fighting over hairbrushes, clips, blush. And the two younger ones, 20, 21, are always squabbling. I hope they don't read this interview. It's a lot of fighting but a lot of fun too."

On her wedding plans: "You can try to plan your career, but not marriage. That involves two people. I could be planning here, but what's going on in the other person's head? He could be planning to go to Ireland, or take that space trip in two years to the moon! My thoughts on marriage have changed drastically. Relationships for me change with experiences. I do know that I will only get married if I love that person insanely and can't live without him and if I get that back from him."

On her Fashion sense: While Katrina's thoughts on marriage are pretty romantic, her fashion sense, according to her, is not as good as Sonam Kapoor's. When asked about her fashion sense and her thoughts on glamour she said, "I can't claim to understand fashion the way Sonam does. I've told her that I'd be happy if she came over and told me what to wear. That's her gift. She's talented with that. It's not mine.""I understand simplicity and beauty but glamour is harder to define. It would, I suppose, describe the lifestyle of a movie actor - traveling around the world in first class and having designers give you beautiful clothes to wear. It's a glamorous job. "

Well, that is Katrina for you. Not willing to give out any secret but keeping you engaged all the same.

To read the entire interview, grab the latest copy of Hello! India 

No comments:

Post a Comment